Wednesday, February 21, 2018

My Greatest Passion and Purpose

It is my belief God creates each of us with a purpose. Before we ever breathe our first air, God has an intended purpose and spiritual gifts for each of us. Each is created to bring Him glory through us. We are meant to glorify Him, each of us in our own way. Some in hospitality and how they serve others. Some are gifted with teaching capabilities. Others with leadership. So on and so forth.

My top 3 spiritual gifts are:
 1. My Faith- trusting God in all things and expecting Him to move and take care of all things.
2. Exhortation- Encourager, one who builds others up
3. Wisdom- Has insight and guides others with scripture and experience

Keep those in mind with me and who God created me to be as you read this blog.

So we all know by now if you have read almost any one of my blogs that God created me with 3 congenital heart defects. I've had 3 open heart surgeries. I still need more.

Ok. I personally find these heart defects to be a gift. Hear me out. God didn't allow me these because it was some sick joke. God gave them to me to be part of me and who I am as His child in my faith in Him and the message I give while I still have time on His earth. He uses them in me to glorify Him. These heart defects are not about me, but about what God can do, what He did do, Who He is!

Ok so let's put all of this together. My 3 heart defects, my surgical past and my surgical future, all play into the spiritual gifts God Himself gave me! My faith is very strong. I never ever doubt never for one second that my amazing and beautiful God is constantly working in my life, is present in my life, and loves and cares about my life. I KNOW that God will care for me in all things. His way is always perfect, even if it is not what I pictured for myself....His way has always proven 100% of the time to be the best thing and the most wonderful thing.

Because God has done so much in my life, allowing me to live when suregeons said, "no way," to be a marathon runner, a mommy, a wife, no restrictions, no meds, He has allowed me to overcome failures, losses, hardships, all forms of pain....I know all things will always be ok in the end. This allows me to be an encourager when I speak to others. When I share my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I can encourage because His name alone is pure peace and hope. He wouldn't be encouraged by that? It is not I, but He alone Who chose to use my body which He created as a vessel.

And this is where my wisdom also comes in place. My family always did say I looked like a little owl with big eyes, a small pointy nose and tiny little lips. Owls are wise. God has granted me wisdom through allowing me so many experiences most normal people don't experience on the daily basis.

With these spiritual gifts and the 3 heart defects He gave me, never being healed until I meet Jesus in Heaven, my greatest passion while I have time on this Earth is to faithfully encourage others with the wisdom God gave me. I want all to be aware of caring for their bodies, their health, their hearts. I want people to understand it is because God saved my life physically that I am still alive, He saved me Spiritually and this is why I have a hope in this life, and it is I who honors this blessing from God by caring for the body He allowed me to live in with healthy eating 90-95% of the time, exercising, and seeking the wisdom of doctors that God also blessed with many gifts.

God has given me all these things to not sit idly by and waste my life. Not to ruin my body which is a temple for Him. He allowed me ALL this to help His people, to serve them, teach them, encourage them, share His love, wisdom, and truth. I love heart health, nutrition, and exercise. Find your own passion in these things so that your body will be better equipped to longer live to serve the purpose He created you with while using the gifts He granted you.

Love and Good Health to all!

What are your gifts? Not sure? Find out here and get into the word and prayer about these things.

https://spiritualgiftstest.com/spiritual-gifts-test-adult-version/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...