Thursday, October 11, 2018

Hike It Baby 30 September '18


Another Hike It Baby Challenge on record!! Last challenge I was so focused on the mileage that I more than doubled the challenge goal. This time, being that I have Ellie involved in three other groups alongside Hike It Baby to get her toes wet in all sorts of adventures, it was harder for me to make the big hikes I love and enjoy because of the days of the week they fell on. However, I am thankful that stroller walks outside with our friends still count towards our mileage. This time, knowing our schedules would be different than back in January when the last challenge commenced, I wanted to focus on just being as present as possible for the sake of keeping community with this special family of mama friends and babies. The big hikes are so good for my physical state, but the strolls are so good for my mental state. Every hike, no matter the shape and form, the time and the distance, the location or the weather, makes a beautiful impact on both myself as an individual, as Emily, as a wife, and as a mother, and to Ellie as a growing, strong, fierce, and mighty little girl. These mamas all come from different places in many ways. Each of their perspectives, and more importantly their smiles and hugs for both me and my baby girl, are what make the "hard to get out the door" mornings into amazing days.

So my personal challenge was to make the 30 miles, and to offer grace to myself in the time I had available to get out there currently, and to just focus on soaking up my good friends' good vibes.

Stats for September:

47.95 miles
2450 minutes outside
Infinite amount of laughs and smiles
:)
Love you my little Hiking family! So so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...