Thursday, December 24, 2020

Romantic Christmas Getaway

Every year, Eric and I always have at least one romantical Christmas getaway together. Sometimes it is small and sometimes it is big but it is always always always romantical and special and perfect! I just love being with him and being alone talking, playing, being silly, and eating really good food and having good drinks, seeing pretty lights, and holding hands. Yes, this is a mushy post, feel free to check out now. Ha! 

This year we decided to go to Helen for a night to see the lights downtown and partake in some of their Christmas happenings and anything else that interested us. My Mama and Daddy took Ellie for a sleepover at their house and off we went to the Georgia mountains. We started our journey with a lovely wine tasting at Creekstone winery in Helen. It was such a pretty and classy place. We ventured on from there to Habersham winery which was a little more "touristy" but good. We went antiquing and got Ellie a Christmas snow-globe gift, then we stopped for lunch at some local joint....I don't even know the name. But we had great cheesy breadsticks and sandwiches that warmed us up. We had good conversation with others around us and then with warm hearts and full tummies, we ventured to downtown Helen to see a bit of the Christmas parade, lights, and see what we could see. 






Then, we ventured to the Hardman Historic Farm for a Victorian Christmas Tour. We got a glass of wine and toured the historic mansion and farm. There was a Christmas tree specially decorated in each room and we were allotted a token to vote for our favorite tree at the end of our self guided tour. I was so in love with this one that was pink with white poinsettias but then there was one with hand carved wood with the many beautiful names of Jesus and like, how could I not choose that one? Christmas is the celebration of Jesus after all! And it was truly beautiful. The tour was gorgeous and so warm and happy. The details in the home were fascinating, the rooms were huge. There were actors dressed the Victorian part and they played their roles well in full character giving many interesting details. There was live music from a guitarist in one of the bedrooms upstairs singing beautiful acoustic Christmas carols. Then we toured the farm in the rain with umbrella and just had so much dang fun picking on one another and playing together and being silly and wild and free. It was really romantic because we were having so much fun together. We wandered around without a care, without an agenda, without a rush. It was perfect. 











After the Victorian Christmas, we went back into downtown Helen for a German meal. I wish I could tell you what I ate...it was some sort of German noodle dish with bacon...and Eric got German goulash....much different than what he grew up with....more thick and less soup like. He loved it. As we sat and ate, the power went out briefly and it was all just sort of hilarious. Then back to our hotel for the evening where we fell asleep so early because we got up so early and it was so nice to cuddle and be warm together. We had plenty to laugh about from that evening and we woke up early (even with sleeping in) and went to breakfast at a German breakfast spot that had the best apple fritters I've ever had in my entire life. All Eric really wanted though in this German themed town was a Bratwurst. I can stand that mess but he was dreaming of one. We found one at a little window in a wall and the man was in heaven. We walked around a little then off we ventured for some wine touring. We hit up Serenity Cellars, Yonah Mountain Vineyards, Cenita Winery, and The Cottage. All were very good. We especially loved Serenity Cellars and Cenita and The cottage because these were all smaller on big open landscapes with beautiful views and family ran. And obviously supremely good wine. We relaxed in beautiful weather outside people watching, dreaming, laughing, and being mushy with one another sipping wine and snacking as we admired God's beautiful mountains. 








Then home we returned to snuggle our baby!

Two days later, I returned to the exact area to go hiking with my sister and the whole drive I smiled reminiscing and laughing too about our memories made. I passed like 5 other wineries and whipped into one on my way up the mountain to the trail to take a photo to send to Eric. I mapped out our next Georgia Mountain wine weekend. I'm so ready. I LOVE time away with him and being with my best friend and just absolutely playing together and being in lovey dovey romantical heaven together. It is such a necessary blessing to be able to get away with your spouse and I am so so thankful my parents desire to help us make that happen! My marriage is my number two relationship (after God) and it is so special to be able to have time to be with this very special, precious, blessing of a treasure of a man! I am so thankful he makes these plans and surprises for us and invests in our marriage with desire and love. I'm so thankful to God for my precious husband and time alone!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...