Saturday, August 7, 2021

4th Annual Clardy Fam Waterfall Week

Every year my parents, my sister and her kids, and Ellie and myself go chasing waterfalls for a good cool down swim and some adventure. I've seen almost every waterfall in the upstate, I think I have 2 left by foot, and 2 left by boat. Anyway, we adventure around SC, GA, and NC finding all that we can to swim along in and bask in the glory of God in His creations. 

This year we went to 

1. Little Bradley Falls in Saluda, NC.

2. Graveyard Fields, NC

3. Skinny Dip Falls, NC

4. Brasstown Falls, SC

5. Twin Falls, SC

6. Wildcat Wayside, SC

+ a swim in Lake Jocassee at Devil's Fork State park

I had been to all of these before but I enjoy taking my family to these places they haven't seen. Or most of them they hadn't seen. Skinny Dip Falls is a favorite and my nephew asked to go back. Of all of these, my favorite spot is Brasstown falls where there are about 3 different big spots to swim, swing on a rope, and play. None of these hikes are hard. I'd rank them easy to moderate. 

Along with exploring the falls, we got ice cream on two separate occasions at Clemson's "'55 Exchange" and "The Scoop" in Six Mile. 

When we went to Wildcat Wayside, we honored the memory of our precious friend, Brent Elrod who died here reading his bible and spending time alone with God. Mama brought her special Brent shirt to the falls.

My sister and I went on a sister date to our usual special spot, "The Peddler." I love sister dates and look forward to them every time she is in town! 

At the end of the week, we went to my parent's house being built on the lake. The house had been framed and so we all brought our bibles and scriptures we had written out to print upon the frames and then we had a cookout and swam! 

Waterfall Week is just an awesome week of family time, cousins hanging together, exploring, and being wild and free!

Little Bradley Falls

Graveyard Fields (Lower Falls)

Skinny Dip Falls

Brasstown Falls


Twin Falls

Wildcat Wayside

Additional Photos Collectively:


































No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...