Friday, July 29, 2022

5th Annual Clardy Fam Waterfall Week

 

Last year, we knew this year’s waterfall week would be extra special because this time last year I had just been blessed with baby Elias in my womb! Though we weren’t 100% sure at the time and had to wait to know just a bit….we were planning on it! 

This year was Elias’s first waterfall week. And though he didn’t know what all was going on, the water soothed him whenever he heard it! He loved hiking and laying on my chest. Sweet baby!

This year was also a bit chaotic for myself since I no longer live in SC. I stayed with my parents at their lake house in SC. So one night I came in from GA, the next day we hiked, and that same evening I had to go back to GA with Elias leaving Ellie behind with my parents and her cousins, because Eric and I had business in GA, on Tuesday. Then Tuesday night, I came back to SC. And add driving around to the mountains amidst this with a teething 3 (almost 4 month old) who also had a sleep regression for just a few nights…..this week had me exhausted for sure, ha! But I was so excited even so to see places I love, explore new places, and be in MY mountains and MY home again. 

Because of my chaotic week of going back and forth between states, there weren’t quite as many hikes but here is where we went:

1. Lee Falls

2. Dry Falls 

3. Glenn Falls

4. Silver Run Falls

5. Twin Falls

New to me was Silver Run Falls and my favorite of all however; parking is SUPER limited. But totally worth fighting for a spot haha! Twin falls is always great because it’s a hike anyone can do, there is a double waterfall, and a huge swimming hole with both a jumping ledge and a sliding rock. 

Eric was able to join us for our final waterfall day because we camped in Six Mile at Mile Creek Campground for Ellie’s 5th birthday all weekend following. I love when he is able to join in. He is always a factor of major fun! 

Some photos of the fun: 


























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...