Sunday, July 23, 2017

When God Confuses You

Anybody else been thrown for a loop by God before? I think the closer you follow Him and trust Him sometimes the more twists and turns and maybe even a pothole or two your road ahead seems to have. Or maybe it is just me. But I believe this is true because it demands that we keep our focus and attention on what is currently in front of us and that we cling to Him for our safety and the unknown turns around the way. I respect that God works in this weird way. This does not mean I always like it or enjoy it. It is certainly not a Sunday drive through the country side on a sunny fall foliage filled tree day, either!

Most everything in my life that God has allowed me to accomplish or be granted or blessed with has been given to me by God after enduring something, someone, or some place for some amount of time with some level of difficulty. It has rewarded me by strengthening my heart, integrity, character, and most importantly my faith in Christ. I most definitely believe God gives us more than we can handle because we need to handle it with Him- if we could handle life's biggest problems on our own then why would we need God? <---This would be our mentality. It keeps us humble and faithful to sweat things a little while sitting in the palm of God.

I know as a child of God I am serving Him best when I am challenged most because my strength as well as faith have grown in Him allowing my human character to better display the character of Christ as I handle what may seem to be the most impossible and frustrating and maybe even depressing of events. Why would God allow challenges to a weak child of God who is not going to trust Him or let him shine in the ugliest and darkest of times? Everybody has hard times. But hard times are easier to endure when you can repetitively if needed remind yourself that God is your strong tower and He is on your team. Even if you feel abandoned. Know He is standing by waiting for you to shine in His name.

These thoughts were laid on my heart tonight as I sifted through some things I've been praying about with Eric for a long time. There are times I feel strong waiting for God to answer or give peace and there are times I start to feel myself get super selfish, pouty, and unconcerned with what God may be doing- how He has already insanely blessed me- how He may be blessing me in silence or with a time of patience. Why can't He just tell me the answer flat out right now? Yes or no? Stay or Go? When, How, Where...etc. BECAUSE!! I wouldn't grow nor would I trust Him as deeply, nor would I apprecate the answer, truth, and blessing that WILL eventually come. But again- be reminded of how blessed you and I already are. I'm so blessed I feel I don't even have a right to have a desire for more- but I do- and God knows this. I do pray God would take away any desires that were not of His will. Sometimes He does and sometimes I have to keep on waiting in silence and confusion and dodging stupid satan's distractions.

To end my blurb of thoughts God is stirring in my head- I must say- no matter what the situation- minimal or something ginormous- I am comforted and calmed and joyed in knowing that God is smiling in my presence following His promises, always. God CANNOT be unfaithful- it is actually impossible because He is truly perfect. So- when you think He abandoned you or ignored you or laughed at your desire- STOP! He didn't. Keep having faith in Him and I promise- no matter how long it takes- you will see God and you will be overwhelmed and it will be more than you ever imagined or asked for.

I can look at 100% every aspect of my life and see God and His faithfulness and how happy I am that I waited on Him and not me. And I can also see the times I wish I would have waited on Him instead of leaning upon my own "understanding."

I hope this is helpful to any dear person in the silence or in waiting. Call out to Him. Jesus' name is so powerful to just call aloud to Him. I'm serious. And always tell Him thank You, daily for the blessings, but also for even the hard time or silent time He is having you endure. It is confusing- but He is blessing you- not that we even deserve it! Give thanks in all things! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...