Monday, July 15, 2019

Mommy & Me and Funfetti!


I love happy memories and special traditions. I love giving to Ellie all the things from my childhood that made it so special.

When I was quite young, though I don't remember my age, I was given by a family member...an older second cousin of mine, a gift of a funfetti cake mix with sprinkles and a yellow apron my size that said, "Mommy & Me." The gift was intended for me to make a cake with my mama! And that is just what we did.

I was so young that I cannot remember the details but I know my dad and sister were out one night, and my mama and me dove into the gift to make our cake! I put on my apron and I loved it. I have always remembered this little apron. We made the cake and I remember licking the batter off the spoon that this funfetti flavor was amazing! I had never had it before. I felt so special baking with my mama. Mama recalls this next event, though I do not. She said when the cake was baked and the frosting was on, it was time to shake sprinkles on the cake. But my sprinkles went everywhere all over the floor!! Mama said I was quite distraught over this event but she thought my reaction was so sweet and she made it all better again. All I remember was having fun with my mama, baking a delicious cake, and wearing a very special apron.

So now, I want to do all the kitchen things with Ellie! It is so so so good for bonding and learning and really just making sweet memories. We bake together a lot. But recently, my mama was cleaning out and found my yellow Mommy & Me apron!! It was just as I remembered it. She showed up to my house to help me with Ellie one day and gave me the apron and then a special surprise out of her bag she drew. It was a Funfetti cake mix with sprinkles!! For me and Ellie to bake together and recreate the memory! And that we did! My favorite part of it besides seeing her in my old apron, was watching her with the icing. She would smooth some over the cake, then resort to stuffing globs of it into her mouth....all before putting it right back on top of the cake to spread more icing! Ha! She had a great time! It was a special memory!

What memories from your childhood are you passing down?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...