Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Ellie: 3 Months

Wow, what a month it has been!! Ellie is now 3 months old and this past month has brought a significant progression in activity from Miss Ellie!

She began to roll over from her tummy to her back. She has discovered the toys that hang from her mat and she smiles at them and talks to them while I wash or prepare bottles. It is so cute to hear her cooing and having a conversation with those little toys! She started being able to stably sit in her Bumbo seat which she loves because she is able to sit up and look around. Mommy loves it too because I can hang up her clothes and accessories because she is so happy and my arms are free for a moment. She has started using her Jumper, though she is still a wee bit small for it. She stands and holds her head up excellently and loves to sort of rock it with her feet and explore the toys on the table of it. She has started using her abs and neck muscles to lift herself up when reclined in her car seat or bath tub in order to look around better at what she wants to see.

She talks a lot! Like.... a lot! I love it. She looks me in the eye and sighs and coos and raises and lowers the pitch of her voice and makes quite a long series and strand of babblings. She sometimes will hold my cheek or chin and look me in my eyes and coo! Heart melter!!

She loves to splash her legs in her bath water.

Ellie got to go to her first pumpkin patch and pick a pumpkin which we later decorated. She got to go to Denver Downs Farms and Boo at the Zoo with her cousins. She dressed as an Ellie-phant for Halloween!  She loved it!

Ellie met her neighbor friends, this month!

She is growing more and more hair....still looks like she grows both blonde and light brown hair- so she may be a very sandy blonde or a very light brunette. Regardless, I loveee running my lips over that fuzz and kissing it!! Soo soft!

She has learned her name! Which us just precious! She can also see quite further away and make out things now. I know this because I had her sitting in her bumbo while I combed my hair. She was in our bedroom and i was at the back of the bathroom....I looked at her and smiled and she then smiled back at me and cooed! She follows me with her little head and eyes...she just about breaks her neck craning to keep eyes on me when I am dressing! I love that!

She got her first round of shots and handled them very well. Mommy did not.

Ellie is now in 6 to 6-9mo clothing. She can barely wear any of her 3 mo onesies- they are so tight, they pull on her shoulders. Her torso is long. She can't wear 3mo clothes with legs, sleeves, footies or socks. She is very long and she can't get her body in the limbs. The heel on the little socks only covers up to the arches of her feet because her feet are so long, thus, we have entered 6mo clothes which fit well and appropriately.

Ellie weighs 14 lbs and is 24 3/4 inches long.

She is such an amzing little darling joy tp us!!

Time for photos of her past month!

     









































No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...