Sunday, May 6, 2018

YANNI


I have listened to Yanni all of my life. My mom had all of his CD's and would play them throughout the home and in the car and in her classroom. I grew to listen to him through all seasons of life and have always loved his beautiful and unique compositions. I listened to him while pregnant so that Ellie could hear, too. Now, he is what we listen to (if not Jesus music or motown) when we cook, eat, and play together, softly in the background. It is special for me to share this artist I grew up listening to now, with Ellie.

So, when Eric surprised me with tickets to see the YANNI as he performed a celebratory tour of 25 years ago having performed Live at the Acropolis, I was utterly ecstatic! How awesome to be able to see the music brought to life in color and movement right before my eyes!

We started our evening at Smoke on the Water. We sipped some wine and watched all the beautiful prom kids, talked about Ellie, and life, and devoured fried green tomatoes, loaded potato cakes, mac n cheese, steak, and crab cakes. Mmm Mmm Good! Then we scurried off to the main event!

You can imagine I was the only person under 30 at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena with the exception of little children who were brought by their parents. Walking from the car to the arena, I was literally skipping and hopping in my gold Lilly Pulitzer strappy wedge heels. I was so excited! The older crowd got a kick out of me and my pep, but y'all...YANNI!!!!

This was by no means Eric's cup of tea but he made sure that my cup was overflowing with joy, happiness, excitement, and a good time!! He smiled, and he had a great attitude and he actually enjoyed the drummer solo! He is seriously the most amazing human being and husband ever!

Yanni was incredible, y'all!! He played all of his beautiful compositions from that particular concert 25 years ago. He set the stage for us to bring us back to that concert 25 years ago. He touched our souls with his words and compassion for humanity. He spotlighted his orchestra beautifully. It was very apparent his musicians love him and love being part of his musical family. He has a very kind and humble manner. Everyone was laid back and just having fun. Like a big jam session with many close friends.

The violinists were my favorite. I love me some violin. Such a cool instrument. The drum solo, again, was incredible and also a minor comedy act as well as the talented drummer displayed his bright and funny character with some goofy tricks and stunts as he performed his skills. Eric was cracking up and leaning in to watch!

Yanni performed all of my favorites: One Man's Dream, Until The Last Moment, Felista, The Rain Must Fall, Nightingale, The End of August. But really everything he does is beautiful and brings so much culture from different parts of the world to blend with one another.

It was a beautiful evening and an incredible experience! Thank you so much, Eric for this lovely opportunity and special date night!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...