Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Ellie the Ballerina


Since before I knew I was pregnant with a darling little girl, I knew if we had a daughter, I would want her to try all the sports, musical, engineering, etc. activities she could get involved in. I want her to do whatever Ellie is passionate about. Whatever God blessed her with for her talents, gifts, and interests. I want her to praise Him with her passions. But particularly, I want her to get involved with dance. I LOVE dance! It is such a beautiful sport and requires so much discipline, too. And let's be real...the tutus and the sequins don't hurt! Haha!!

When I knew I was pregnant with an Ellie Clardy Gladden, I messaged a friend I trust dearly with all things focused on Christ centered parenting. Christy Sydow. She is one of the few moms I know that I aspire to be like in raising my child. She is just a mom who stands out to me for going against the world and the world's values and who instead seeks God in her parenting values. This is my desire, too. So, I knew I wanted Ellie to be involved in dance but I did not/do not desire her to wear skimpy little outfits or be ridiculously sexualized as some dance companies do---and parents think it is so cute....your worth is so much more than that in my opinion. Bash me all you want. It is just my belief. It is just not right for me and the daughter I want to raise in this world. Modest is Hottest is one of my beliefs. So I asked Christy to recommend to me if she could, a dance studio near us that was Christ focused or at least not a skimpy frimpy kind of place. I have a role and job to protect my daughter's innocence and modesty. I was so pleased when she immediately named Sterling Studio of Performing Arts in Easley. She really just seemed to like their overall mission in what they do and how they work. She had heard so many wonderful things, herself about them.

So now I had my studio pinned down and I began following them on Facebook, dreaming of the day I could enroll my little ballerina! To say I have been anticipating it like a child for Christmas or Disney world (heck, an adult for Christmas or Disney World!)....is a massive understatement.

I did my research and learned that Sterling has a Mommy and Me class that starts at 18 months old. So as a new dance season approached and registration began...I emailed the studio to see if it was acceptable to start Ellie a little under aged to get her toes dipped into it. Besides, she will become 18 months through the season as it is. Much to my joy, I was told to give it a go!!

So here we are!! We are taking Mommy and Me dance together and it is soooo cool! I am so thankful for the patience and "bubbliness" of Carrie Sterling with Ellie....as Ellie is not 100% able to fully get what is going on just yet! Haha! But it is so nice to be able to practice the stretches and dance moves, to be involved with a new friend for Ellie who is so sweet to her, to watch Ellie discover, and have fun with the props used in class and to watch her try to imitate what is being performed. I cannot wait to see how Ellie will learn and grow as we continue this activity. I am so happy to be a dance mom (but without the drama, please! Hahaha!) It is a great way to bond with Ellie, teach her new disciplines, and get her involved! Looking forward to all that is ahead!! Thank you, Sterling Studio!






2 comments:

  1. Why you trying to make me cry? All the things you said are so incredibly important to me. It is very difficult in this industry to "keep the morals" as it were. It is nice to know it doesn't go unnoticed. Thank you for being in our dance family and trusting us with that precious girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'all are a blessing and I am truly thankful for you and 100% who y'all are! So much love and respect for y'all!!

      Delete

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...