Sunday, December 2, 2018

Beets!


I love adding new healthy and color rich foods into my diet. I am in love with how food is medicine for your body!

A while back, on the hiking trail, a sweet friend of mine and I were chatting about food and things the babes eat. I explained to my friend Shelly that I had never eaten beets before, yet I had considered having Ellie try them once and just bought her canned beets. Ellie detested them and then I was totally turned off. Eric had mentioned to me that he too, hated beets. So, after telling this to Shelly, she was like oh no! Don't eat canned beets! She told me to get some fresh beets and roast them and told me I could even do them up with other veggies.

So this week, to motivate me further to add beets into my diet and to get me to try them, I did a quick search on the benefits of beets. Y'all. These are sooooo insanely good for you. So, I peeled them, quartered them, and cooked them in a little grass fed organic butter and seasoned with a little Mrs. Dash original. I made them alongside onions and carrots. Note: Even the leaves are good for you. I am going to add mine to a smoothie next time.

Verdict: YUM! So so so so very good!!! I loved them. They actually are not too very different from potatoes but offer so many more healthy benefits! I want to eat them very frequently, now.

Be warned....and thankfully...Shelly warned me...poop and pee will turn red....but its worth it hahahaha! So don't be scared.

Even Ellie ate a couple. She still preferred the carrots over them. She has the same tastes as her daddy.

So go try beets, y'all! Fresh beets!! Not the canned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...