Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Oh My Heart!


Well I am on a heart healthy high today, y'all! Woo!! If y'all could see me today y'all would see some Pentecostal Holy dancing and hand raising, shouting and smiling to God above!!  I swear Ellie thought we were gonna bring down the house jumping and squealing like two nanny goats!!

I went to my sweet cardiologist today...can I just say what a blessing and a treasure she is?! I swear she is like a sister, a friend, and a wonderful doctor all in one. This woman basically literally has my heart.  I never like check ups, but I love seeing my doctor and her staff and look forward to it because she cares for her patients on a personal level which just keeps the communication open and is so good for heart patients. What better way to care for one's heart than to love it and have it opened up to you?

Well y'all, I just have got to keep testifying praises to the King Lord God Almighty!! I do NOT know what He has planned for my physical heart. I don't. I know one day....hopefully a long time from now...God's will is in charge of that...I will have my pulmonary valve replacement surgery. But today was SO encouraging.

My doctor really encouraged me in my health and reminded my spirit how important my nutrition and running are and how pivotal they are to my being so healthy. At this current time, we won't even have a time estimated of when to expect my surgery. Just keep living a healthy and happy life! I mean how awesome is that?! How so totally awesome is that.....my heart has not digressed since me meeting this precious cardiologist 5 years ago. I'll tell you that just is not normal or expected.

I will also tell you this: GOD baby. GOD! I know I write this constantly but how could I not?!! GOD created my life intentionally with a busted up and very sick little heart no doctor ever thought would beat more than mere hours outside the womb. God created my heart that way on purpose. God allowed my heart to be a case study to help doctors and other patients. God allowed my heart to lead my Daddy to salvation in Christ Jesus. God allowed my heart to connect me to so many unique and wonderful people and an upstate wide community. God has created my heart defective to glorify the power of His very being in ways I may never know of or see. God is allowing me the honor of one day having open heart surgery again in order to serve Him and glorify Him well. Humanly, I do not ever want surgery...I mean who does? But, my life is NOT my own. My life is passionately created for God and I feel that power and worth all over my being and soul. I know that if God does have me to have that surgery one day, that it will be to serve a great purpose for others, for me, and most importantly for His glory, for others to see His miracles, love, and power. I am not as healthy and strong as I am because of my own will. I may run and mostly eat healthy to take care of my body, but GOD is the One Who gave me the natural ability to run, find a way to breathe deeply when I run hard and far, to beat records I never thought I could, and God is the One Who has made me fierce, a fighter, a strong. You see, HIS Spirit is the one that dwells within me. My spirit is dead, but HIS is alive!! And powerful!! This is God! This is Him!!

My doctor even encourages me to be strong and better. I respect her so deeply that there are hard times when I want to give up on beating a PR or I want to take a nap but I run instead and I think, "Dr P would be so proud." I really look up to people who love me and care for me and who I respect. Her knowledge and skill is impressive, but it is her nature and manner that encourages me to keep pushing. She is like big sister vibes for me. That is what everyone needs to find in any and all physicians. True caring power.

She also makes me feel excitement about the future of my one day surgery. She has told me that my good running and active performances now will improve significantly when I get that shiny new valve. Any you know what? When she told me that...I got a little happy flush in my heart that made my the eyes of my heart see goals I can only dream about accomplishing in running. Things that I want to do but just cannot. I am here and now setting a goal for myself. Two goals actually. Because I feel so encouraged and strong in Jesus and by my Doctor and even with myself.

Pre-Surgery (Current) Goal
 **Run 5k in 23 minutes flat.** (Current best time is 24:32)

Post-Surgery/Recovery One Day Unknown Goal
 **Run 5k in 21 minutes flat.**

For those who don't know better.....30 seconds cut off a time is (at least for me) astronomically hard....especially when I spent a whole year going from 28 minutes to 24:32....and I don't always get that best time when I run. I have to really push....but I push safely. I always listen to my lungs and my body.

I have dreams of being a great runner. I believe with God and Dr. P on my side I can be what I was never allowed to be in school or by the standard of life and medicine.

*Dr. P....if you see this...thank you for helping me to defy medical rule. You are really and truly a gift from God and I hope you know how important you are to my life and my family. God made and created you so wonderfully and I am so glad for the purpose and plan He gave your life so that you may connect with me and help me and all my friends in the ACHD community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...