Sunday, May 5, 2019

Hike it Baby April 30 Challenge


Whew y'all! I am loaded up with challenges this year it seems! Haha! April, particularly. For April's Hike it Baby April 30 challenge, Ellie and I had no 0 days. Meaning we did not have one day in April where we did not get outside and play and hike or walk together. I love challenges. Oh man I am so driven by a challenge. That adrenaline pumps and my competitive soul thrives. I mostly just compete with me. I challenge me. And I love that. April was a perfect month of sunshine, warm weather, and beautiful scenic places to visit. We were even able to do a little swimming in the creeks of the waterfalls! We sunk our toes in sand, got covered in mud, climbed mountains, and explored new places. I even hiked 1 mile wearing two toddlers at once. Tandem carrying is no joke so to my mama friends who do this on the regular.....cheers. Y'all are beasts. I couldn't lift my arms.

Catawba Falls was a new one for us this month and it was super beautiful and special. I loved venturing out there to climb and explore. Moore Cove Falls was also a success this time. The last time I went there was almost a year prior with Ellie. She had just been placed in the structured carrier on my back versus riding up close to my chest snuggly and warm. That adventure ended in us running the entire trail back to the car to get a squawking Ellie home.....the running put her to sleep. This time though, she enjoyed watching the waterfall and stealing her friend's snacks. Bless.



I love HIB30 because while I am already determined and love to go outside and be active, the challenge gives me an extra boost of determination and desire and it gives me goals. I love accomplishing goals. I love having something to work towards. Sadly, HIB will only be doing two 30 challenges a year now instead of four. So, until fall, I will have to wait. You see, we also get super cool stickers when we achieve the challenge goal....so....it's pretty awesome. Just sayin'.








I am trying to get Ellie walking just a bit. She is one who lovessssss being snuggled up to mommy though and is far more contented to hold my shoulders and play with my hair than to walk. Fine by me. I like to move fast, anyway. But I will still continue to encourage her to try little by little. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...