Thursday, May 9, 2019

Why Our Kindermusik Class is Tops


After a few months post-partum, I began to gain some confidence in my "momming" and I wanted to start putting Ellie into every adventure possible. I desire daily to offer her the best Eric and I can give her. The best for her joy, happiness, education, and childhood and enjoying that fleeting precious time of life. I believe Kindermusik held at Village Arts is one of the ways we provide these good things.

I saw an opportunity to send Ellie to a one day sampler with Kindermusik led by Rosalind Cross at her business called, Village Arts, last summer and I jumped on it. I unfortunately was unable to attend but my mom took Ellie to this first time event. My mom raved over how wonderful Mrs. Rosalind was and how Ellie enjoyed watching and observing. Ellie was filled with wonder and amusement the entire class. Ellie was in the baby class at this time and it is incredible to think how much has changed in nearly a year since having began the Kindermusik class.

So let me explain why it is our number one cannot live without class.

First,  our teacher, Mrs. Rosalind Cross is unlike anybody I have ever met. She is truly one of the most beautiful souls I have ever met but also she is very interesting and full of so much wonder. This characteristic makes her excellent for instructing itty bitties...they sense her wonderment, too. She does not hold back. She is so very loving and personable with the parents/grandparents/guardians and the children. I am always impressed how quickly she seems to pick up a child's name and their special characteristics. It is evident she truly loves each child regardless of anything at all. She is patient, compassionate, understanding, and a true leader. She loves the children as if they were each her own and that speaks volumes to me as she is loving on my child. I want my child to feel that sort of adoration from everyone she encounters. I know she won't; but, I am thankful we have found that in Mrs. Rosalind. she also pours into me as a young first time mother. When I signed Ellie up for her first round of summer classes last year, I remember I was super tense and nervous because Ellie wouldn't always do "exactly" what was being done in the class. Mrs. Rosalind very quickly reassured me. She calmed my nerves and she encouraged Ellie's exploration. She let Ellie be a major factor in where that class went while still staying on track of learning all the things that have helped Ellie to develop so strongly in character and education, already! She checks in on me as a mother and makes sure I am standing strong and confident and energized. Sometimes just making eye contact with her makes me feel like I am absorbing her own maternal love and it is super uplifting. She is truly the most gentle, funny, fun, and loving personality out there. I am thankful she is ours. She is really a treasure. She is 75% of my total devotion to our Kindermusik classes. She makes the difference in my child's life.

Secondly, Our Kindermusik class is Tops of all others offered because we are located in Mrs. Rosalind's beautiful new building space for her business, Village Arts. Here she encourages art in children, creativity, good messes, exploration, discovery, and socializing the children and teaching good "playground" manners. She also offers cookies, coffee, and tea on occasion which is kind of amazing. Her classroom is bright, colorful, and an environment the children feel safe and cozy in. They take it to themselves as a piece of home.

Third, these classes are in my opinion and through my observations of Ellie's growth and character are essential. Truly, essential. I would never not put any child of mine in Kindermusik at Village Arts. I will scrap for every penny if I have to to make sure Ellie is part of this incredible adventure in play and learning. She has learned so many life skills that sound small but are so huge. Anytime we ask Ellie to put things away, she respects that command through a song we have learned and she has never questioned it. She has learned so many songs, rhythms, instruments, ways to play with the most basic things ever. Like seriously, Kindermusik at Village Arts has truly shown me my child never needs toys. We can do so many things with the most basic househeld items. And honestly...the kids love these items she provides way better than any of the toys. She stretches their minds and the class molds their brains and creates new pathways and the repetition of the songs and dances has made such an impact on Ellie's conversation skills, her mobility, her fine motor skills.....like I truly could not say enough. I feel that this class has given us such an amazing start and I will keep Ellie involved until she ages out. She gets new books, CD's, and instruments each "Semester". Most of the games we play around the house stem from the ideas or concepts presented in the class and I can truly state I believe it has given Ellie a joyful, strong, and confident start to life. They also encourage cuddle and bonding time. But Village Arts' Kindermusik courses off of Laurens Road in Greenville are where it's at.

My only regret is that we didn't start as soon as she was born. These classes are a huge blessing to us.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...