Friday, August 23, 2019

Soccer Practice for Ellie!


One thing about becoming a mommy that has always excited me is the opportunity to cheer my child on in absolutely everything she gets involved with! I always loved taking my kids I babysat to their practices and cheering them on.....not even my kids and I was the loudest one there...probably embarrassing them. But I just loved them so much and it gave me pride to see my favorite little kids going all in at their activities. Now, imagine my excitement as an actual mommy!!! Eeeek!!! Excitement overload!!!!!! (Just don't sign me up for the minivan....that ain't how I roll, y'all).

I am a dance mom, gymnastics mom, we do kindermusik, MOPS, and we hike with Hike it Baby! Now, Ellie plays soccer! well....sort of....haha!

First practice was yesterday. I took her on a shopping spree days prior to Academy and we went crazy. We got her cleats, shin guards, a new ball, two new goals, socks, a soccer shirt, and three pairs of shorts! Ellie practiced hitting her ball into the goal at academy. She has been so in love with kicking a little ball she has around the yard and running after it and now she has a literal goal for kicking that ball!! She wanted me to set it all up immediately.

We arrived for our first practice and y'all, I had the jitteriest jambles of excitement coursing through my veins!! I had to keep myself calm and remind myself it was most likely that my 2 year old who had failed to nap, who was about to attend a totally new sport during her normal supper and bedtime wind down, was most likely to cry and be a mess all over the sidelines. There is no forcing her or she will not be happy and have fun and after all our intention is for her to simply have fun doing what she enjoys...running and kicking balls around in the grass. But, surprisingly, of a 60 minute practice, Ellie actually did good for over half the time. It was not until some ants attacked her goldfish snack cup that she lost it and then of course she had to go potty, and she wanted to be held, and then she was mad because a little boy was kicking her pink ball. You know. The usual two year old toddler emotions. So I played and helped her along and encouraged her and stayed by her side. I never made her "do" anything because again....this is fun...not forced. This is for her! If she is not happy then neither am I. But after her little meltdown she was good again and back out there on her own watching and trying to play. It is a 5U team and she is the baby. I am just thankful for the chance to get her toes wet to the sport. Exposure, experience, exercise, and fun!! This is what I want for my girl. And....I got exercise too. I was actually soaked with sweat at the end of practice. Lol!! I had originally been ticked at myself because I forgot to pack my lawn chair.....as if I would ever get to relax. No way. Maybe one day, but for now, I'll enjoy the fun of chasing Ellie around and being right beside her as long as she wants me. I am happy to be a soccer mommy and excited to watch her grow in coming months as she explores her newest love!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...