Monday, August 5, 2019

The Lion King - Ellie's First Movie - Our Circle of Life


Okay, so we all know I'm not a fan of screen time for Ellie.Blah blah blah. (No judgement to others so don't hate me for making a choice for my own kid's well being- all research and factual based reasoning- I'm a nerd). Now that she is two, I am still not gonna plop her down in front of a screen of any sort unless I am a desperate mess of stressed out tears who can't get anything done such as cooking the supper so we can all eat and not be hangry ('cause ain't nobody happy then!), or an occasional family movie night. I just desire different entertainment for her. And she is the happiest kid I know so who cares?!

I was going to take Ellie to the Easley dollar movies on her birthday weekend to watch "The Lorax." Yet, I felt a sad pang that Eric would miss Ellie's first movie experience because of his ridiculously insanely crazy work and class schedule. (Praise God, that semester is DONE!) I just really love for him to be included. After God, my family is my number one biggest priority above all else. One night, Eric suggested to me that "The Lion King" should be Ellie's first movie! I thought, "Yeah!! This is excellent!" It is super awesome and special because we could and did go the day after her birthday after Eric's final exam, and as a family! But the most special aspect is this: The original "The Lion King" was Eric's first movie, too!! I mean how cool is that?! So heck yes we had to do it.

I expected and prepared my expectations as well as Eric's that Ellie would only be interested in the first ten minutes and we would probably end up leaving before the movie got well into the plot. Eric thought differently. We ate at Tin Lizzy's (LOVEEEE their queso and chips!!) We got Ellie a popcorn and settled into our chairs and waited for the movie to begin. Oh boy. We all know the incredibly power that even the animated version of "The Lion King" possesses with that beautiful sunrise over the pride lands with the strong voice of the African tribe singing a joyful song..."The Circle of Life." It makes my soul jump with joy and it certainly got Ellie's attention. All the animals!!! She was pointing them out, calling their names, making their sounds! She was dancing, she was smiling, she was having fun! She stayed attentive and involved with the emotions of the movie throughout until the last 25 minutes where she walked up and down some steps eating her popcorn and watching the movie from different heights. She ended the movie back where she started, in daddy's lap. It was a very special family outing and very successful as well! Go see it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...