Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Week 21 - Homeschool Preschool

 


For this week, we read another book for our Before Five In a Row, "ABC Bunny." We had a lot of fun playing games to learn. We played so many games, did so many activities, and just really bonded and enjoyed the snuggles, stories, playfulness, and adventure involved with this book. I wrote about my BFIAR blog on this time of play and learning which can be viewed, here. Here are also some photos of a snippet of the fun we had:































In addition to these activities above, detailed in previous blog post, we did a bit of hiking, reading, discussing the moon and preparing for the full moon we had on Thursday. We tended to our seeds we had planted at the start of the week, watering them every other day, and observing any growth. Our collards are sprouting and she was so excited to tell me, "sprouts mommy! Why are they sprouting?" Which we got to talk about. The weather was nice enough for me to wear shorts and t-shirts twice this week so we went out walking barefooted, found some buds on trees and discussed the coming of Spring, made some pretend campfires, dug in the dirt, threw rocks in the lake, and ran and ran, and ran around the neighborhood. And do you know what she told me at dinner? "Mommy, my favorite part of the day was running with you and running fast outside with you and playing on the dock." I didn't even ask her to tell me her favorite part but it meant so much to me that she enjoyed her day with me exploring and playing so much that she wanted to tell me. Like, this is just one reason we homeschool. Childhood is fleeting. I want to spend that time with my daughter and not send her off for someone else to experience these times and bonding moments with her. I love these days. And what's awesome is we have great conversations when we go play like this and she learns SO much by just playing with me and talking together while we play. I LOVE it! We also continue our musical composer study of Antonio Vivaldi and artist study of Vincent Van Gogh. 

That was our week in a nutshell. Here are some photos:




Moon process art with watercolors, sponges, and salt.






Chasing the full moon and relaxing with a bon fire while we watch the sun go down.
Below: Making moon dust and craters and experimenting with what happens when rocks hit the moon.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...