Thursday, April 6, 2017

Ellie's 2nd High Risk Scan

I felt so much more peace as today's visit came- due to the wonderful results from 5 weeks ago. Today, we went to view Ellie's heart with a closer and more thorough look as she has developed since our last visit. I still had a slither of anxiety because I so dearly desire for my little girl to be healthy.

Today's ultrasound tech wasted no time and didn't say a whole lot---gives more to the anxiety---but I again have seen my own heart countless times that I on a very low skilled level, have a basic understanding of what I don't want to see and what I should see. I felt good about what I was looking at. In fact, it was actually weird seeing normal valves positioned where they should be and seeing a pulmonary valve with a beautiful flow of blood - unlike my busted hole for lack of valve and blunder of pooling blood! Ellie was moving and wiggling and yawning sooo much this morning!! Darling girl! The exam was short. The tech left to show Ellie's images to the doctor and they returned momentarily to happily report all looked perfect! Praise God, Hallelujah, Amen!



The doctor asked me how my heart was doing. I explained that over all it/I were handling the changes of my body very well. I am currently still waiting for test results from the heart monitor to determine if my heart has obtained an extra beat and if I will need a temporary Beta-blocker to remedy that. Other than this- I feel like me! I still run, walk, dance, do aerobics, and all kinds of other activities. The doctor was so happy to hear that. He mentioned that if I am this active now and having no real complications personally with my heart- the rest of pregnancy shall not put much more stress on me. My heart is handling so much and behaving so well for the most part! (MUCH better than anticipated!)

As for Ellie- the doctor said he would want to continue these high risk scans throughout the rest of my pregnancy. He said she is high risk and the high risk will actually increase as I near the end of pregnancy. Though I am not entirely sure how he means....I am not afraid of that. I understood this to be a precautionary thing. I certainly do not mind having more visits to see my beautiful sweet baby girl! We will return in 6 weeks for the next one. Then, past that, every 4 weeks until delivery...so maybe a total of 3 more all in all. Again- this is just to monitor that high risk factor for both Ellie and I as we near the finish line! Hmm...that just made me think...of all the races I've ran...medals I've achieved....this will by far be the best finish line and prize I have ever gotten. Hard work with a beautiful wonderful precious invaluable prize at the end!

On a cool/funny note...Ellie, 5 weeks ago measured 1 day ahead of due date. 5 weeks later, today, she measured 4 days ahead of due date! 1 lb. and 8 oz.  My girl is a foodie like mama and daddy! Ha! (At least for now- maybe not when she sees mashed up greens!) Haha!

Thank you dear and darling friends for prayers for my little family! It is humbling to be cared about and loved by so many wonderful people! We are grateful! Most of all, I am so thankful to God for continually showing me He is powerful- His standards are not man's, not doctor's, or scientist's. God has blessed me out of my mind and I can't thank God or praise Him enough! Eric and I are SOOO happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...