Thursday, April 6, 2017

Personal Fundraising Page for Mrs. Emily Gladden

Personal Fundraising Page for Mrs. Emily Gladden    <-----Click here to Donate. Thank you with all of my heart! ;)



Hey y'all! Above this post is a link ^^^.....This link leads to a personal fundraising page for the American Heart Association Go Red For Women Campaign. I am a spokeswoman for Go Red For Women 2017. I am grateful that God has allowed me this opportunity to serve and use my personal defects to help save the lives of countless other women with heart disease and stroke.



For those of you who have never heard my story- I am going to share a VERY brief synopsis for you here to show you why this fundraiser means the world to me. Before I share that- I just want to again encourage your help. God has called us to be selfless servants unto others before ourselves. That does not mean we have to give an arm or a leg- but it does mean we should do what He has called us to do when we are able. I know I can't always afford to give to every single cause- but I know that I want to first honor God with my "extra" before serving myself. If God is speaking to you to help- please do not ignore that! It truly goes to amazing research and findings that have changed countless lives- myself included!!



Here is my story:






I have three congenital heart defects. They are
Ebstein’s Anomaly, Pulmonary Atresia, and Atrial Septal Defect. When I was born
unexpectedly with these defects, very concerned doctors told my parents that my
conditions were very rare and I would not survive. Surgery would be necessary
but experimental. If by some miracle I survived, I would be lucky to live to
age 13 as a vegetable with no abilities of physical activity. I was flown
immediately to MUSC by helicopter and underwent my first open heart surgery at
4 days old. By 2 weeks old, I’d had second open heart surgery. I survived which
was truly a miracle! At 4 years old, I had my third and most recent open heart
surgery. It is a miracle I am alive! Not only do I have the breath of life but
I also have the joy of a healthy life! I run marathons and live with hardly any
restrictions whatsoever. I had been told all my life I may not be able to
safely carry a baby. There would be complications for myself and my baby. I am
now approaching 6 months of pregnancy and all is very healthy for both me and
my baby! Her heart did not inherit my defects and it is strong. I still need
more heart surgery in the future. I will for as long as I am alive as my heart
works harder than a normal heart to compensate for its missing components. The
extra hard pumping enlarges my heart which will eventually lead to bigger
issues that should be corrected surgically. I am currently waiting to have a
biological pulmonary valve replacement. 
It is so vitally important to my heart both figuratively and
realistically that more research is continued and solutions are discovered so
that I may live the healthiest, strongest, and longest life possible with my
family. It is my joy to share with others my story and lifestyle for a healthy
heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...