Saturday, June 24, 2017

Elements of Ellie's Nursery

Any nursery for any of mine and Eric's little babies would be special. How could any nursery not be special?! It is your child's special place in the home! But there are elements in her nursery that to us, make it an extra special place!

The Furniture: The crib is special because my sister gave it to us (completely free- thank you SO much!) It was a safe place for her baby girls, Lydia and Laurel. Our sweet nieces! It came to us in excellent condition with a cherry finish. I sanded, cleaned, chalk painted and waxed the crib to match the other pieces in the room. So it came from my family and I was able to create with it something special as Ellie's mommy, for Ellie's room!

The dresser and changing table as mentioned in an earlier blog post, were pieces that were given to me in 1990 when I was born. I used those all of my life- all the way until I moved in with Eric. And even then, we moved the furniture in to Eric's praying that God willing it could one day be our child's, too. As you know, I also sanded, cleaned, chalk painted, and waxed those pieces, too. Again- another couple of ways her furniture alone makes her room special.



The Decor: I never really wanted a "theme" per say for the room; but I knew I wanted her room to be filled with God's word, pink, and class! There are three different pieces that display scripture relevant to Ellie and things we want her to know as we raise her prayerfully and guide her to know a life of loving and following and desiring Jesus.

I'm a southern belle. Ellie will be too with a tiny mix of "yankee" in her- as is our family joke! But no doubt our girl will have southern twang, style, and class- but with a little yankee sass. Just like I like it! Therefore- monogram!! Monogram everything!!

Classy, Elegant, and Girly? These elements are found in the pink, and chandelier, canopy and her crystal knobs donning her furniture. These are soooo her mommy. I hope she is girly!!



The Clothes: I bought 3 onesies for Ellie. That is it. The amount of clothes you see--and trust me there are many you can't see- many, many--came from loving and wonderful family and friends. This child will have to wear many outfits a day! Fashionista! My sister, cousin, all 4 parents, and close girlfriends and family friends have blessed our Ellie's body with clothes so well. Thank y'all for the blessing you filled her closet with!

The Stuffed Animals: Almost every single little stuffed animal in Ellie's basket belonged to me as a little girl. I only saved the very special ones to me. I have a few from my heart surgeries in storage I never really played with because even then they were so special to me.But the ones in the basket are still very special to me. I wanted Ellie to have them! So I saved them and prayed for a girl!

The Paint: My darling husband got home from work earlier than I one evening. Excited beyond imagination- he took it upon himself to go ahead and paint the room the color he knew I wanted. I came home, and my daughter's room was painted. I sat in there and took it in and imagined the very nursery you see! So thankful he is my husband- but thankful too that he is my daughter's daddy! She is so insanely blessed with her daddy!


The Wreathe: My mama surprised me by making Ellie a girly wreathe for both her bedroom door and the hospital door. There is a little chalk board that will go in the center at the hospital with Miss Ellie's stats displayed!

Her special place in our home as a new family of 3....or really 5 because our dogs are our babies, too- is doted with sooo much love, care, attention, and the Spirit of God! This room will be a place for rest, peace, fun with friends, learning, growth, and love. I can't wait to see how this nursery grows with Ellie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...