Friday, March 30, 2018

Ellie's First Tooth!


Ellie loves to eat dirt. I don't like feed it to her obviously, but you know, if she grabs a little and gets a taste...I am not the mom who freaks out of over that. "God made dirt; dirt 'don't' hurt!" has always been my motto. So...

Ellie and I went on a beautiful 6 mile hike with some of our hiking friends and Blondie today at Paris Mountain. While pausing for our snack break by the North Lake, I noticed Ellie grab some dirt along with her watermelon. There were some small rocks around so I did want to make sure she did not grab a little rock. I gently and cautiously did a little shallow finger sweep along her gums and cheeks to feel. I didn't feel a rock however, felt something almost like a small piece of gravel in her bottom gum. Wanting to make sure it wasn't lose debri, I pushed Ellie's bottom lip down and that is when we all saw her very first little tooth budding from her gum!!! I was so excited I began asking my friends, "Is that a tooth?! That's not a tooth is it?! Oh my gosh she has a tooth!!!!" They all rejoiced with me and confirmed that it was a tooth and Ellie feeling proud and joyous herself began smiling so big trying to show off that one little bud of a tooth poking through. She made happy squealy sounds (as did I).

I am so proud of that tooth!! My baby never acted any way different as I would expect for a teether....yet....I'm sure the joy will turn to more of a sigh as this progresses tooth by tooth, but currently, we are all big grins in the Gladden household and relishing in yet another first for Miss Ellie!! Just days shy of 8 months, her first precious tooth! Thank You, God for growth for Ellie and the joy it brings!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...