Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Glitter, Dog Hair, and Onion Skin

Welcome to my kitchen floor. No..I am not posting a photo because...not necessary. Use your imaginations.

Weekly...maybe even bi-weekly...I thoroughly clean this rental home we are blessed to be in. The floors always blow my mind. Life brings in a lot of junk during one week's time.

A few weeks ago I was cleaning while Ellie took her nap and I was amazed that this tiny little kitchen we have could possess so much "blugh!" I had one huge tumbleweed full of blonde and auburn dog hair, glitter from Ellie's Easter eggs and crafts, chunks of purple onion skin that had flaked off while transferring an onion from the pantry to the counter for a chopping. There was dirt, and pieces of dog food.

Rather than be begrudged of the dirt and heap we had acquired in a week (no matter how hard I work to maintain during the week- if you know me- I am a clean freak), I actually felt myself smile and feel pretty happy. I lie not, kid not. This was the truth.

I looked at this nasty heap of what was soon to be tossed in the trash and I was filled with thanks to God. This dirt showed me my blessings. Glitter; we have a beautiful baby girl who is healthy. Who can play. Who can make crafts and enjoy girly things to squeal and be excited about. Dog hair and food; (usually my biggest complaint) that we have two fur babies who protect us well, love us, keep us warm, and laughing. Onion skin; that we have food...healthy food...to cook with every day and nourish our bodies well. That God has provided us health in giving us good food. That we do not worry about what we shall eat or drink. (Praise Praise Praise God!) And dirt; that our life has fun and adventure in it. That we go places and explore God's handiwork and are able to be mobile enough to track in dirt (even though we take our shoes off at the door ;) ).

Sometimes cleaning and rushing to get it all done can be stressful...but I am so thankful the Holy Spirit lives in me and I got to see my life through His eyes. My dirt is full of blessings from above. Thank You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...