Saturday, March 18, 2023

Samaria Dairy & Farm Market - Aiken, SC

 


Elias will be one year old really soon - like a little over two weeks?! What?! Soooo it’s time for that good cow milk, baby! Normally, I would do Happy Cow. In fact, I had planned to do so but my trip home this past week didn’t happen as I had wanted it to. And Elias is almost out of formula and I am NOT buying more. When it’s gone it’s gone. So I told Eric my dilemma. It’s so sad to not live near the places you love anymore. It’s just like nothing compares, you know? Ellie was looking forward to seeing the Happy Holsteins and shopping for ice cream and strawberry milk. And I had my heart set on the best milk you can get! But Eric always finds a solution for his three adventure seekers. 

He sent me a picture of Samaria Dairy & Farm Market located in Aiken, SC. What a great place! Now it doesn’t have strawberry milk or all the beaucoup of farm merchandise as Happy Cow but it is still a precious place to get what you need. Being that they didn’t have strawberry milk, Eric is going to make Ellie some special with her raw milk and strawberries. He is the sweetest thing always finding ways to make things happen for us. 

Be warned if you go, they only take cash. 

Ellie got to pet a 4 day old baby goat (meaning they will also soon have goat milk!!!) They sell baby chicks and hens. We got to watch a family in the chicken run chasing the copper marans with a large net and it was truly entertaining to us. 😂  On the farm were baby piglets too to see. It’s a small place and a small shop with items like meat, raw milk, eggs, produce, homemade soap and body scrubs, preserves and local honey. They even had quail eggs! So for the time God has us here, however long that may be, I’ll drive the 45 mins from Evans to Aiken to support this sweet spot. 

They are open Tues- Sat, 8-1. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...