Sunday, September 9, 2018

Church in the Nursery


Every night, as you all well know by now, friends, we, or just I as Eric's school/work schedule doesn't allow him home at Ellie's bedtime often, we say prayers audibly with Ellie.

While saying prayers as the Three E's, we stand in the nursery, all holding each other in an embrace and speak to Jesus. Eric and I take turns on different nights leading the prayer over our family and Ellie specifically.

The moment is special, always.

It is special for the fact the where two or more are gathered, there God is, too. (Matthew 18:20).

It is special because it grows us closer as a family. When we are gathered in this way and the room is filled with the Holy Spirit, there is no place for evil. There is no place for bad feelings, moods, or grudges to remain. The day ends with peace and love in the name of Jesus.

It is special because Ellie sways back and forth between Eric and I, with her soft, long, cold, sweet little hands and fingers running over our faces and shoulders, grabbing our faces and laying wet little slobbery kisses on our eyes and lips. Rubbing my head and stroking...pulling my hair.

She hugs us and holds us and she loves it. It is special because Ellie sees a healthy loving family dynamic...not perfect....no family is perfect...that is why we need to pray, lol! But she sees love for each other and she most of all, sees and hears, and hopefully one day feels, the love of our Holy Spirit, Prince of Peace, God our King.

Tonight, Eric ended the prayer with, per usual, "Amen." I followed, "Amen." Then Ellie...."men"...with a big fat smile on her sweet face!

My heart was super happy! She smiled and looked from Eric to me as she said it. She doesn't know what the "Game" is we are "playing" but she sees that it is happy and fun and good. She feels the love and joy it emits.

Every night, I pray that one day God will fill Ellie with the Holy Spirit and that her heart's desire would be for Jesus, loving Him, serving Him, seeking Him, and that He will guide her and lead her and protect her. I pray God will help Eric and I to lead her and guide her and direct her in accordance with His will for her life to glorify Him.

While I know she has no clue what "Amen" was for and what we were doing....She was watching and learning and observing.

I do so much wrong every day. I #momfail all day long. But nothing matters more than #winning at leading our child God GAVE us in the way of the Lord and bathing her in His love and truth. And tonight, I got to see evidence of her "getting" that. For all the hard times, imperfections, bad attitudes I possess, that one effort of her to be included in the prayer by saying "men" (amen).....it is really all that matters.

Show her Jesus...not religion.  Show her first, love....not just laws. Show her God's truth...not man's twisted truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...