Saturday, August 22, 2020

China Cabinet turned Bookshelf

 In earlier posts you will see where I purchased an old china cabinet and severed it into two parts. I turned the bottom portion into my garden shed storage and today, I turned the top china portion into a bookshelf for the guest room!

Here is the Before:



There was no bottom because this piece was on top of the china hutch and the bottom is actually the table top now of the garden shed. So I had to create a bottom. I also had to create a top because there was not a solid foundation for a table top here. So I bought two sanded plywood boards from Home Depot and my husband cut them to flush perfectly with the top and bottom of this piece.

Then, I stained the new pieces to match the existing wood and I touched up some of the scratches in the wood. The parts I did not stain, I painted with Olive color Annie Sloan chalk paint. I also painted this inner back board as it was a weird green and I wanted everything to match.




The entire project just took us one afternoon. Now to fill it with books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...