Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Ellie's First Haircut



 I was so very excited and a little anxious when the day arrived for Ellie's very first haircut! She had just turned three years old. Her hair has grown so wonderfully without any cuts all her life, but it was time to shape it just a little so it can keep growing healthfully. I made and appointment for Ellie with my wonderful hairdresser, Jamie Reese at Capello Salon in Greenville. This woman works magic I swear, I really don't ever even have to tell her what I want or need, she just knows and rocks it.

I was nervous that Ellie would be too nervous about this new experience to sit still. I was afraid she would cry and scream and demand to leave. But on the contrary, Ellie sat in the booster seat placed in the salon chair, donned her fishy cape like a queen, and sat perfectly still. She had a very intense facial expression the entire time of skepticism and focus as she tried to observe what was happening and trying to be perfectly still. She rocked it. Done in 5 minutes. Bow in and lollipop in hand, Ellie was ready! Mimi (my mom) picked Ellie up downstairs and took her for Chick-fil-a as a special treat while Jamie then spruced up my hair that had not been touched in 8 months. (Thanks COVID). I collected little Ellie's baby hair for the baby book and beamed with pride and joy the remainder of the day so happy that my girl handled that like a champ! She was so cute, sweet, and happy. A big and happy first milestone!

Despite her facial expressions...which can be really intense..haha...I promise she was really happy. She is just so focused and observant and her face looks like she is concerned when she is taking in new things. But she really did enjoy it and talked about it for days!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...