Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Camp Grandcrew Year 2

 

My parents have 5 grandkids between my sister's kids and Ellie. They are awesome parents - like SO awesome...so much so ALL of my friends notice and constantly remind me how blessed I am and how rare it is to have such loving parents who choose to be involved and go out of their way to be involved in both their daughter's and grandbabies' lives. And they have always traveled as much as possible to be present for every possible activity for both mine and my sister's children. They drive for hours on end and do everything in the book possible to help. They did this long before they even retired. They do this because they love their own daughters so well and their love for their grandbabies is an expansion of that love. Kelsey and I were so blessed at birth to be given to the parents we have! We are so thankful for them and how close we are. I know they are a rare treasure. I never want to imagine life without them.

So, my parents have ALWAYS gone above and beyond to be present for the grandkids but last year they started something really awesome when COVID crazy happened. My sister had wanted to send her kids to VBS at their church but because of COVID, VBS was canceled. So my awesome parents stepped up with a plan. They hosted the first ever, "Camp Grandcrew!" 

Eric, Ellie, and I were vacationing at the beach. After one week there, my parents came down as well and stayed in a beach house nearby us in the same Campground resort, Ocean Lakes Family Campground. They stayed on the total opposite side from us. We dropped Ellie off at their beach house and had a few days alone as a couple while Ellie played with her Mimi and G-Daddy and her cousins who are basically like her siblings. I'm so glad they are all so super close. So special! 

Last year and this year alike, Mimi came up with a theme for Camp Grandcrew that was centered around Jesus and a beach theme. For example, last year's theme was Pirates and our treasures in/through Christ! It was soooo awesome. 

This year's theme was Surfing & God keeping us afloat in good times and bad. They did bible study every morning, made surf themed crafts like surfer shacks, painted surf board sun catchers, painted rocks to hide within the campground, read about Bethany Hamilton and watched the movie, "Soul Surfer," and they played, played, played so hard every day and night at the beach and at the pool. 

We drove Ellie over on the golf cart to their beach house and left to go have our week alone, also still at Ocean Lakes, but away, hidden, and alone like two honeymooners! 

Ellie got to have a week long sleepover with her girl cousins and play with both the girls and the boys all day every day! 

What a special time to spend together focused on Jesus. We are really thankful for our family and how close we are! My favorite people!

Now - Here are photos my parents captured of their precious time- oh, and...Eric and I did decide to spend our last day with all of them after a morning alone because we really missed Ellie because we just really love her so so so much! So, Eric raced Jayden down the slide several times, and I swam with the other kids and my parents and we just had a really awesome day. I got some photos of those moments as well.

Camp Grandcrew 2021! Thank you, Mama & Daddy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...