Sunday, June 20, 2021

Week 37 - Homeschool Preschool

 

It is the final week of 3k!! Now, homeschooling never really ends because we are always taking field trips, learning through playing, reading, counting, rhyming in the car, etc. But it was the last week of using my curriculum and lesson plans for myself to guide her in productive play and adventure and discovery.

She wanted to create candy with Play Dough as we did in February and once again, she wanted to "trick" Daddy into eating a piece of her "special candy!" He played along.


For our "Before Five in a Row" book this week and our final in the curriculum, we read "Goodnight Moon." I blogged about that specifically here. But, some concepts we pulled from the book to learn with were about the moon, space, and phases of the moon, fairy tales, telling time, listening to clues and deciphering riddles, using all the senses, rhyming skills, bible verse memory, art, and just so many things! 

We FINALLY finished our pine salve that we began months ago! We had to make pine oil first which takes time. The pine salve is incredible and I blogged about it also so you can look back and find that if interested. It's so medicinal and smells amazing! I love teaching my daughter about God's creation and how He gave all we needed and the knowledge to create things from His creation.

We did animal action cards in the yard which was amazing exercise and creative play!

We BEGAN a nature study on garden ants. We are going to circle back to it sometime this summer when we are home more. But, we did get started by reading a lot of books, conducting experiments, making observations, and playing.

We went hiking with several of our awesome friends and it was the best day in God's creation. This is Brasstown Falls in Long Creek, SC. The kids climbed rocks and trees, swam, and swung on a tree rope into the creek!

Ellie wanted to play mud kitchen. She made me "daisy flower soup." She made an apron (though she has two already) out of a pillowcase. So cute!

Now this next bit is a highlight to our last week of 3K. For our last class of the semester for Kindermusik, our precious teacher, Rosalind Cross, took us all on a field trip downtown to play out all the things the kids have been learning. There was counting, observational skills, hand and eye coordination play, meeting artists, song and dance, and......Ice Cream!! 


3K was amazing. I am beyond overjoyed I chose homeschooling! Every day I get to be the one to experience my daughter's joy, her pride when she tackles a new skill, help her overcome challenges, and I get to take all the love, snuggles, and laughs! I love our field trips, mornings reading God's Holy Word over breakfast, snuggling reading books, making huge messes, learning life skills, and surrounding her as best as I can in environments that are like minded and full of the Holy Spirit and not secular surroundings. I NEVER thought I'd choose this path but praise God His will is my desire and He knows best! 

4K, here we come!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...