Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Fresh Easy Homemade Salsa

I have always wanted to make my own salsa and so finally, Ellie girl and I did! We used our own homegrown organic tomatoes and cilantro!! How exciting! 

Ingredients:

* A bushel of fresh tomatoes (I used my Cherry tomatoes because those things were huge! My Roma tomatoes weren’t quite ripened yet).

* 1 cup of tightly packed fresh cilantro 

* 1.5 chopped fresh Jalapeños 

* 1 large red onion

* 1 lime

* 1.5 Tbsp of fresh minced garlic

* 1 Tbsp of pink Himalayan salt

Instructions:

1. Chop and dice the onion and put it into food processor.

2. Slice jalapeños and place in food processor as well. 

3. Add tomatoes, minced garlic, cilantro, and salt to food processor. (I added my tomatoes in whole but you can also pre-chop).

4. Squeeze the lime juice into the food processor.

5. Blend it all together well in the food processor!

6. Voila!! Serve it up or store in a glass mason jar with a tight lid in the refrigerator. 

We ate it on our healthy version of tacos last night and mmm mmm!! Delicious and SO FRESH!! 😍

Smells so good!!
Harvest time!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...