Tuesday, April 24, 2018

30-ish...


"30-ish." Is there an actual Merriam-Webster definition for this? Probably not. So let me define this for you.

I'm feeling it. 30-ish. It's almost like the good old Britney Spears song, "Not a girl, Not Yet a Woman.".....Caught in the middle. Now- I am a mom so I definitely am a woman haha! But the point is,being 27 is like no man's land.

30-ish can be defined like this (at least in my life):

-Makes plans with friends for a friday night out....so excited. Friday comes....<thinks to self, "someone please cancel!"> (not always, but I know my friends have felt the same!)

-Lounging in pajamas, eating dinner on the couch, binging on Netflix, and going to bed by 9 is the best thing EVAAA!

- New appliances and kitchen gadgets are the dreams and desires I have.

-I want a Roomba for Christmas.

-While we are at it, Santa Baby, slip some running socks under the tree, for me. Mine are all filled with holes. Too cheap to buy more.

- Crow's feet....but I am still so young! Whyyyy???!!! (So many big smiles on my face...can't be mad about that!)

-College kids look like babies.

-High schoolers are babies.

-I want a practical car that fits all my mom gear and junk but I do not want a van! I am not my mother, yet! Give me something sporty and functional!

- When did downtown become such a party scene?! Who are these girls and where are their clothes? When did it become acceptable to call a bra a shirt? Does your mama know you are out dressed like this?!

-Thinks to self, "Why does it have to start at 8p.m.?"

-People actually leave the house for a night out after 10 p.m.? Who are these people? Oh....me....7 years ago. (To go swing dancing and get a milkshake...I was never a party girl!)

- When did "Gucci" become a word for "cool??" I thought this was a very expensive designer??

- I read books. On purpose. And I like it.

-How were the 90s, 20 something years ago....weren't they just like 10 years ago? What?!

- Jeopardy is interesting. I watch it with popcorn if Eric is at work. It gives me a rush.

-Some friends think I am a baby....while I have others who I think are still "babies!" (young).

-Running with a stroller on a college campus makes me feel like I must be an old lady.

- I still like to crank my music in the car when Ellie is with my mom. I blare the 90s and 2000s and sing at the top of my lungs with the windows down. (I am a dork. This is nothing new.)

- I dance at weddings and events like nobody is watching. (And I don't care).

- I still love Disney princess movies. Heck. Anything Disney.

-I get excited when I think about the near future with Ellie because it means tea parties and cabbage patch dolls and all things girly. And dance parties!! And dress up!! I'm still a big kid! It means adventure and trampolines and slime and dinosaurs and bubbles!!

-Nice dinners with a few close friends is my preference over big parties for birthdays, now- or just an adventure with my little family, really. Such as...I told Eric when I do turn 30...I'd rather he plan an experience instead of a party for me. (He thinks turning 30 is young, now and kind of silly that I find it a big deal, but that is the difference in being 8 years older than the little wifey!)  ;) Of course I remember thinking turning 25 was the end of life and now I am like dang that is so not old. Life changes. Fast.

I know anybody 30 and older reading this...which is probably most of my viewers, will be like how ridiculous. But, just think back. It is a strange place to be, stuck between 20 and 30...and on the upper end of those 20s...when you feel just a handful of years prior you were still in college and had like 0 responsibilities. But I must say...30 ish is the best time of my life I have ever had. I bet it only goes up from here! If 30 ish means getting excited about rest, appliances, books, children, time with Eric, and going back to childhood as your little one grows...sign me up!! Being 30 ish is new and strange but seriously the best life I have ever lived!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...