Monday, November 2, 2020

Luxurious Large Wall Mirror on a Dime!

 Y'all. I have had the same dang $12 full length skinny little Wal-Mart mirror since middle school. I'm 30. I make things last, but I also desired and felt it was time to let my mirror grow up with me! Ha!

I wanted a very large, long, tall, heavy mirror to adorn this corner wall in our master bath for getting glammed up and making sure the whole outfit is meshing. I have wanted a nice big one since I was in college. But y'all!! Those things are NOT cheap. Well, at least for my taste. I have a budget! And of course all the ones that I found that were perfect were a minimum of $250. Yeah right. I put it on my "Wants" list to save for and at a low priority. 

But then!! Walking through Wal-Mart last week on a rainy Sunday to tackle the week before it began full throttle on Monday, I saw it...and it saw me. This perfect Better Homes & Gardens full length leaning (or mountable) mirror. $60 bucks y'all! What?! Ok! I looked at it. I liked it. It was gray. While it was nice on its own, my personal taste has not been in the trendy gray and white barn look...it was a rustic wooden (faux) gray with silver molding; I prefer traditional, classic, timeless, simple. Meh....It would need work. I looked it up online and at the time the only color was this rustic faux wood gray and it was out of stock online. So I walked away. Then, love beckoned me back. Love for a bargain. I lifted and pulled out that heavy thing all on my own and awkwardly placed it in my buggy....I couldn't see to drive that buggy worth a lick. I knew I'd kick myself if I didn't buy it and I am so very happy I did. I loaded it into my trunk/back seats, alone in the pouring down rain. I was the Wal-Mart redneck entertainment that day I am sure. But I was a woman on a mission. 

I took it home and made it my own. I got Eric to cover the glass because he is so good at that meticulous, careful, patience necessary work. I am not. Using Rustoleum dark oil rubbed bronze spray paint, I made that mirror my own to match my home decor tastes. So easy, so affordable, I finally have my mirror and it really expands my bathroom even more! 



Don't pay the big ticket if you don't have to, you can make your desires affordable and usually with only a small amount of extra effort. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...