Friday, July 31, 2020

Ellie at 3!


3 years ago the most stubborn, independent, strong willed, beautiful, loving, funny, athletic, strong little girl was born and laid into my arms causing me to cry harder than I ever have in my life and feel a physical sensation in my chest of immense joy that exploded and I’ve never been the same. Life gets better and better every day with her. Even through those hard toddler times we all have- my life has never ever been happier, more wonderful, or purposeful.

Ellie loves to read her bible and says it is her favorite book. She loves to sing “Rise Up” (Rolling Stones) by Lauren Daigle. She sings in the backseat, “Wash up!” Hahaha! She cracks me up! She cannot stand people smoking or littering. Oh my word watch out she will give you a lesson in a minute on these things! When it comes to littering she says, “Somebody glittered! That's a bad choice!” (Yes, glittered  haha!) And she talks about these being bad choices and unhealthy for heart, lungs, and Earth. She thinks loud, obnoxious, jacked up pick up trucks are “ridiculous” literally, she says, “that is a ridiculous truck!” Haha! She is so saucy! She will call you out in a second (and make me blush) but she isn’t wrong so I don’t correct her on that! Unless she is rude....that’s different obviously, but I don’t mask or cover up that she is speaking truth! I guess she gets her sauce from her mama. She loves having her nails done and playing with my makeup and having her hair done at mommy's salon in the master bathroom. She is compassionate and loves to take care of things for people in need of help.

She can hike up to 6.6 miles by herself. She loves to sing and dance. She can tell you that she is listening to the composition, Swan Lake, the instant it is on the radio, CD, or Pandora. She loves watching plays and productions on stage. Her favorite toys are books, shapes, tea set, baby dolls and stuffed animals, and anything she can build or dig in. She loves to cook and begs to cook all meals with me which I highly encourage. She can just about bake any dish and scramble eggs for herself if it weren’t for pouring to measure and turning on the stove. She thinks cleaning is fun- I hope she keeps that idea! She loves a thrill! She loves to ride rides, spin around fast, climb up high, climb boulders, and be chased.

Ellie loves her cousins and her family so much. She loves spending time with her family and making them pictures, being spoiled rotten by the big kids, and sleepovers with her cousins. She loves to cuddle and snuggle and while so independent, she loves being doted on. Who doesn’t?! She loves to learn and try new things and then proceeds to try to teach her new skill. She sings all the time and it is hilarious and precious all at once! (She has opera singer vibes) haha! She loves to swim, hike, garden, play outside, color, do puzzles, make horse stables for her plastic horses using blocks or sticks. She loves to catch toads, snails, and collect mushrooms. She asks me to identify new flowers, creatures, and botany all the time. She enjoys tea and poetry. She loves to make friends and play with them as often as possible. She is very motherly and nurturing. She is a daddy’s girl and it’s so sweet and special to see! She has the best daddy on Earth! She eats almost any and all foods but you have to make her eat because she would rather run around and play than sit down and eat.

She loves to wear high heels and calls them “heel highs”. She also calls flip-flops, “flip-floppers,” and pool floats, “floaters.” Hahahaha!

She can already tie knots...in everything... GOOD knots too! I don’t even know who taught her but thank you....I think?! Haha!

She can hang up and put away her own clothes in the closet and in drawers. She can clean her room and make her bed. She loves to help me make our big bed on the Master. She absolutely loves and adores animals! She asks so many “why” questions and asks how things work often. She knows she lives in South Carolina and that her Aunt and Uncle live in Georgia. She can identify specific plants, flowers and animals and she can explain the reasons why a tree may have fallen in the woods. She knows what lichen is and she knows how to tend the garden and how to fill her own water cup from the refrigerator and put the top back on (hallelujah for me! Haha!)

She really is just overall smart, funny, beautiful, saucy, sassy, sweet, strong physically and mentally, artistic, creative, athletic, thoughtful, Considerate, and sneaky!!

She is really growing into her own little woman and I am a very proud and happy mommy! I’m so thankful to God that He gave her to us. She is all we have ever dreamed of and far more! Happy 3rd birthday my little darling!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...