Saturday, October 3, 2020

Stewart Farms Pumpkin Patch & Homeschool Days

 I've written about this wonderful family farm before in strawberry season. I think they are in my top 3 favorite farms, maybe my top 2. 

My love for them starts with their love of Jesus which shows throughout all they do in how they love and serve their customer, employees, and care for the land God granted them. Also, their farm is just beautiful, peaceful, well organized, and has a great variety per every visit. 

Stewart Farms hosted two days of Homeschool Days for obviously, homeschoolers! I invited my friends and we went to join in on all the fun.

They had a huge corn maze. What was great was that attached was also a small "mini- maze" for pre-school age...which I loved because I was lost enough as it was in the mini-maze! Haha! Ellie and I went through twice and she had a blast running throughout, saying, "Dead end!" She loved navigating, being in charge and taking care of me when I pretended to lose her! Haha. She thought it was hilarious mommy "got lost!" Silly mommy! Stay with Ellie! 

There is a beautiful sight in the honeybees making their honey in their honeycombs inside a little shelter with very wonderfully made educational signs to read while you watch and teach your child about the honey making process of the bees. 

We went on the hay ride. I love a hay ride. I especially love when a hay ride proceeds through a fall and Halloween themed forest. They had it! It was so cute and detailed and fun. All the kids were getting whiplash peering back and forth and pointing and their eyes popping out of their heads seeing characters they loved made into scarecrows and hay bales. It also lasted a fairly good time so that you could not feel rushed as some hay rides seem to do. It was an experience all it's own.

We visited the little farm animals/petting area. There were little baby piglets! Oh my stars!! So sweet. There were also lambs and chickens. The animals were docile and the children loved feeding them. 

Then to the pumpkin patch. This little mama got as excited as the kids because I just love picking pumpkins for decorating, my house with, decorating the pumpkins, and eating the pumpkins. Well, y'all, as pumpkin patches go, this was the best I have ever been to! They gave you a wagon that even the kids can push (until too heavy), your own set of clippers, and acres and acres of a wide variety of pumpkin species to clip yourself. The kids had a blast running through the fields, minding the pumpkins of course, and finding their perfect pumpkins. We brought home 44 lbs. of pumpkins that day. Ellie loved riding on top of her pumpkins by day's end through the field. She enjoyed using the clippers and telling me which pumpkin was ready, which one was perfect, and which ones we should pass over. We loaded up the car and then drove down to the farm store (which I adore!) purchased our pumpkins, two mums, and a little scarecrow for Ellie to decorate with. 

They are a smaller farm but a happy and wonderful farm that I will return to over and over and over again. I am so thankful for them. They worked so hard that day having way more guests than they anticipated (because everybody homeschools now with COVID, ha!) I'm glad so many other children got the chance to have these sort of moments too that we have daily and that the farm had such a large turn out to support them. The most lovely people! So many happy children and parents happy to see some fall fun for their kids. Get out there and visit them soon!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...