Saturday, June 16, 2018

A Special Bible Story


Yesterday, Ellie and I went hiking on some trails off the Blue Ridge Parkway. The drive was so insanely beautiful...the best views I have seen, yet! I have never been out there. We were driving and the Holy Spirit was so full and warm inside my heart! I couldn't help but to continually speak to Ellie and to God and just praising God for these views, this creation, this beauty, and for the joy pulsing through my veins! The drive, the hikes, the lookout spots...all of it had me thinking to myself and recalling scripture. I talked to Ellie and told her to look at all of these trees! (So many!!) I told her that God knows each and every single tree we see here, today. He knows every single fine detail of each tree....why, He even knows how many leaves each tree possesses....and the details of each of those leaves. I told Ellie of how cool it was to feel so so so small and tiny next to the mountain views to the boint of truly my breath being taken away in awe. Comparing our physical size to the size of these mountains makes us feel so small. But then you also realize...these mountains are tiny in comparison to the world...the world small in comparison to all the universe and so on and so forth.....basically invisible, we are. But not to God. God literally created and holds all of these things in His hands- knowing every finite detail of each and every single creation, even down to the grains of dirt.

Then I thought of the birds flying gracefully over the mountain tops, nearly in the wisps of the clouds, and I remembered scripture telling us that even the birds themselves know God cares for them.....how much more then does God care for us....and how dearly we need to know that fact! God holds us in His hands, provides for us, cares for us, knows our tomorrow, and loves us. He loves us! It really was a beautiful day out on the trails.

This morning, during our bible story at breakfast, I nearly came to Holy Spirit tears as I felt Him thrive in my beating chest His truth again. Not only did God remind me of these scriptures yesterday...He flat out delivered them for all three of us in the children's bible storybook this morning. When we lead our children to a life that follows Jesus, it also allows us many blessings. This lesson of love and life and creation and care from God was something God definitely wanted me to be filled with....and Ellie, too! I love when God pulls His word into our daily activities. If you just slow down and enjoy your surroundings and the breath in your lungs, it won't take much to see the grace of our Savior and Creator!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...