Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Accident Banana Blueberry Loaf

You read that right. "Accident."

This morning, I wanted to give Ellie healthy pancakes alongside her usual omelette. I followed a recipe I had found on pinterest for almond blueberry pancakes.

Y'all. It was an EPIC Pinterest fail.

Now, truth be told...as much as I love almond flour, I always have a hard time making it coagulate well to form things such as pancakes. (Unless I add unhealthy ingredients) LOL!

Well, after 2 pancakes...or rather pan"crumbs" later, I had made all this delicious batter and I was not prepared to waste it....so I slopped it into my sprayed Paula Deen loaf pan and baked the mess.

Now, this was successful!!


Here is the recipe I ended up creating....

INGREDIENTS:

* 1.5 cups almond flour
* 2 mashed bananas
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
* Sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg
* Splash of vanilla extract
* Couple handful of lightly "squished" blueberries
(Is the recipe southern or what? I don't measure much of anything)

DIRECTIONS:

* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
* Mix ALL ingredients into bowl
* Spray or butter up a loaf pan and pour mixture inside
* Bake for approx. 40-45 minutes
(I stuck a fork in it and saw it was done.)

YUM! and guilt free!! Dig in, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...