Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Eric's First Father's Day



I was SOOO excited for this day to come for Eric! This man has desired nothing more in all of his life than to be a daddy. He has pined for it, longed for it, and dreamed of that role and title for many years now. And today, we got to celebrate that role of his and how awesome he carries it out!

Eric and I slept in on Father's Day and then got Ellie up together and had our usual family breakfast. Oatmeal for me, eggs for the mister and his mini me. We read our bible story and got ready for church. We had a beautiful service and afterwards, we went to Soby's brunch. They always have incredible selections. Unfortunately the main air compressor was out at the restaurant so we sat upstairs above the kitchen in a sunny window with all the heat swarming us. I was dripping sweat. If you know me you know I love to be hot but this was too much. The man beside us went to take off his undershirt he was so hot. But even so, the food and service were top knotch as always and the attitudes and care given still made a wonderful brunch experience for our family. We sipped our mimosas and Ellie tried a smorgasbord of different healthy selections.

After brunch, we went to my parent's house and visited with my daddy. We spent the rest of the afternoon napping and relaxing and playing with Ellie. Just being a family, together.

For Father's day, I gave Eric new cuff links- personalized with a black and white newborn photo of Ellie on one link, and the quote, "Your first breath took mine away," on the other.

A simple but very sweet day for our very sweet, utterly amazing and incredible husband and Daddy! We love you so much, E! We hope your first Father's Day was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...