Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Mommy and Me Swim Class


I have been so excited for months and months now to  be able to take Ellie swimming and to a Mommy and Me swim course! We are members of the YMCA and they offered exactly such a class.

Today, June 6, was our first class. We will meet once a week to splish and splash with friends! There are 4 classes. I will be missing out on two of the four unfortunately as I am having a 2 week holter monitor test performed and cannot get it wet. But it will be ok! My mama will be able to partake in it with Ellie while I watch and cheer her on!

Ellie walked into the degarding slope entrance into the pool with a big smile on her face. We did activities in the pool like bouncing, kicking, splashing, but we also played some games and interacted with paddle boards and noodles. Ellie held the paddle board briefly...I think she thought it could potentially be a snack...but eventually she decided to cling to me instead of the board. She liked the pool noodle. Hers was pink!

We were so thankful that our friends Grant and Miles signed up for the same class so we had friends to share the experience with! My mama came so she could watch, take pictures, and see what the experience would be like for her on her turns over the next couple of weeks. Our instructor was also one of the sweetest girls ever that I have had the pleasure of watching grow from a little girl into a grown woman with a most precious Jesus loving heart. We were thankful she was in charge, too.

What a fun day and moment!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...