Friday, June 1, 2018

Ellie: 10 Months



Ellie is now double digits. 10 months old. How?! I have already...as the planner I am, begun preparations for her rapidly approaching first birthday. But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Ellie is inches 30 tall and weighs ?? lbs. (No scales allowed on vacation!! 😆😂 I will figure it out when we get home.) **EDIT: Ellie is 20 lbs.

Ellie has been climbing the staircase like it is nothing. This past month, she advanced in her mobility crazy fast. She has started standing intentionally on her own for quite long spurts of time. This time, she is doing it on purpose, and not because she was too distracted to realize she was standing alone for a few seconds. She is walking very well holding just one of our fingers. I truly think it is a short matter of time before she is walking holding nothing at all. It is apparent she is ready and desiring to walk and is striving to do so, now.

Ellie attended my cousin's son's 1st birthday party this past month. What a precious little party! Ellie loved playing with her cousin and playing in the sand.

Ellie participated in her first 5k with both Mommy and Daddy! We did Zoom Through The Zoo. Ellie wore a special race bib onesie, tutu, and matching hairbow. My dreams came true to have the three of us all running together! I hope Ellie will grow to love running. That way, I'll be able to cheer her on in races, too! Of course I'll cheer her on no matter what sport, art, or activity she takes interest in. After the race, we attended Artisphere downtown.


We celebrated my first Mother's Day which I previously blogged about. How special to have a little baby girl to celebrate the day with! A baby who gave the day purpose and meaning for me!





Ellie and I surprised Aunt Keka and Ellie's cousins in Georgia this month for a bit of play time and a swim in a creek at Dunwoody Nature Center. I loved playing with my other babies, seeing my sister, and having Ellie outside and with her "siblings." She had just battled her first major cold and had spent a week indoors heavily chugged up, no appetite, teething horribly on her top central incisors, and breaking a bad habit I had created with the high chair.....so some time away with my precious family was much needed.


Currently, Ellie has been enjoying her first beach vacation with Eric and I, Mimi & G-Daddy, and Nana & Papa. She saw the ocean for the first time as well as jumped some waves, swam, and splashed! She LOVED it!! She took it all in. She walked almost completely solo for quite some long distances on the first beach day which was the best I have seen her do yet! She has done this before but necer such long distances and so strongly. She was holding Eric's one hand and free handing with her other. She was conscientiously taking her time and processing it. I could tell because she had her little tongue stuck out and up. Her daddy does this too when he is studying or working hard on something. I'll write more about the beach adventure in another blog, but it was so exciting to experience this "first" with Ellie!!



Some other pictures of Ellie this past month:














No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...