Saturday, June 16, 2018

Ellie Takes Her First Steps!


Ellie Belly began working out with her walker at 6.5 months old. I can think back and remember how wobbly she was on the walker...she could barely move it. Then comes today. 10.5 months old, today is the day she took her very first steps 100% on her own. She got up on her own, and took steps on her own in pursuit of an art lab book for pre-schoolers. AND WE CAUGHT IT ON CAMERA!! Yeah, I'm stoked. This is what I live for....watching my baby grow and learn and squeal with her own pride and excitement. This is the life. The hardest and most rewarding life.

She had been teasing us a little while now with standing on her own and remaining standing by her own strength and by also attempting a step or two. But today was the day she went without even thinking about it!

After she walked, she had her supper and we bathed her and put her to bed for the night. I closed her door and went to our room to write in her baby book and to document the "first steps." I sat there and wrote with such an adrenaline rush of excitement. Then I set the pen down, and flipped through the pages of her baby book. I could feel my face change as my heart went from a rush to a solemn sort of pace. It is the most bittersweet thing. You work so hard to help them do what it is they are trying to accomplish. You help them overcome the fear of the newness and the unknown, and then suddenly they are a milestone older, a milestone wiser, and a milestone braver. You just helped them outgrow their baby self a little more. And it is an incredibly proud and happy feeling but it is mind blowing to try and look back and see just where the time went!Somewhere, somehow on the journey of this first year of life which is all about teaching the baby to "Do," you lose a baby and gain a toddler. Yet, she will always-always be my baby doll. I am so proud of our smart and determined tenacious and strong willed baby. I just cannot believe the time of walking has come. Wow! Way to go my little lovie Flicker miracle girl! We are so proud and excited for you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...