Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Domestic Diva: Stuffed Peppers

Hello! Another recipe from our healthy kitchen! Stuffed Peppers. This is a very common recipe; everybody knows about these. I just like them and thought I would share one way I do ours! :) Plus, I love being reminded of my healthy options when meal planning.

So, here we go!

INGREDIENTS:

*Bell Peppers (one per person, color of your choice)

* 1-2 lbs. Lean, grass fed ground beef

*1 Lg. onion

*1 LG. Diced tomato or 1 can of diced tomatoes

*1 can of sodium free black beans

*2 large handfuls of raw spinach

*Seasonings: onion powder, garlic powder, pepper--I do not measure, I just dash as I desire.

*Pinch of cheese per pepper

***Can add any healthy desired ingredients; the above are just my preference. Such as quinoa, corn, other veggies.***

DIRECTIONS:

*Preheat oven to 370 degrees

*I start by browning my beef in one skillet

* Chop the onion and saute it in a separate skillet

*Once onion has softened in skillet, add spinach, tomatoes, beans, and any other desired ingredients.

*Continue to saute all of this together until spinach leaves are wilted. Then, cut heat on stove top.

* Cut the top off of your bell pepper and remove seeds.

* Place in a casserole dish very lightly greased with a drop or two of olive oil, with open side of pepper facing up.

* Dish beef and veggies into the opened pepper.

*Top each pepper with a dash of cheese.

* Bake in oven at 370 for 20-30 minutes or until pepper has softened slightly.

*Serve it up and Dig In!!



NOTE: My husband does not like bell peppers. He has always said the flavor is too strong for him. So we fill a whole wheat wrap with all the goodies for him. An alternative idea if you have a picky eater...not that Eric is picky! By no means!! Just his personal preference. :)

Enjoy!! :)
Notice: My super vintage casserole dish <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...