Monday, March 6, 2017

Ellie's Ears!

Yesterday, Ellie reached 19 weeks! I read in my little bump app that Ellie should be starting to hear my voice a bit now. I hope this is true! Choosing to believe it is, I decided today to get a start on reading Ellie books, and singing to her. (Poor girl!) My singing tends to get a little theatrical...if you know me in the least I am sure you have a hilarious picture forming in your mind now...

As I folded Eric's socks this afternoon, I put thought into what I would read to Ellie today. And God made it very clear to me that of course, I should read Ellie a passage of scripture daily, first, before a storybook. Eric and I want to let Ellie know the very greatest reason she is alive and is our little miracle as soon as is possible! We want her to know the greatest purpose, and reason for all of creation from the get go!

So, after minding the laundry, I scurried down the stairs to the Africa Room...aka our little library...and grabbed my bible. But, what to read first? It was instantly obvious. Genesis 1 "The Beginning" as is suitable for Ellie. Beginning of her life, Beginning of Creation. Beginning of purpose, love, and truth.

Genesis ch.1- I explained to Ellie that "Light" is something she will soon see! 

I read with enthusiasm, gusto, and excitement to my Ellie in my belly! I hope she could hear it- but regardless, I know God honored that time....after all- God tells us: 
Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.

Awesome! God chills!!

Then, I dashed up the stairs to the playroom to read to Ellie from the recliner, a children's book. She already has like a bajillion! My family loves books! I looked through the books, deciding what struck my fancy today. "If you Give a Pig a Pancake." I have been craving pancakes a lot this pregnancy--have not yet given Ellie that desire she obviously wants so bad, so I figured the least I could do was read her a cute story about a pig and her pancakes!
Blondie thought it was her storytime!

Again, I read the story with all the voices and excitement, wonder, and thrill!

I hope Ellie can indeed hear her mommy's voice! I want her to know my voice well and hopefully it will be soothing to her! I talk to her, sing to her, read to her. I want her to have a passion for God's word, reading, and adventure! This will now be part of mine and Ellie's daily routine! It has already given much more purpose to my little life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...