Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Ellie's Lemonade Stand


 Ellie worked so hard to prepare for her very first lemonade and bake sale at her new stand her daddy and I built for her to have imaginative play time with. She was just so excited! She talked about it for days and sang about it too. Oh and honey, she was all about having PINK lemonade at this sale! It excited her so much! She absolutely couldn't wait. On the day of, she didn't waste any time preparing the brownies. She went to the pantry and got her boxes, got her chair for the island, and eggs from the refrigerator. She bakes so much she can crack an egg one handed and get no shell in the batter. She also pretty much knows the steps without me telling her. I made the Lemonade while she played upstairs and then she came down to get dressed in her cute little lemon romper. What a doll! 

We set her stand up at the end of the drive and set up shop with a cute little sign. 5:30 pm on the dot our first customers arrived. My grandmother and cousin showed up and offered their business. Ellie was shy for the first couple of customers but shortly got the hang of taking orders. She would ask, "Would you like some lemonade?" "Pink or yellow?" "do you want a brownie?" "How many?" And she would count them out while I poured the drinks. My friends and family helped me with the money because numbers are not my talent and y'all even the basic math just overwhelms me if I don't have pen and paper. But I can do English and Medicine all day long! Haha! 

My mom and dad had my nieces and nephews for the week and they came over to hang out. Ellie was so happy her cousins were there to participate with her. They were customers as well. We had so many wonderful friends, family, and neighbors to come pay a visit to our sweet girl and it made her really happy. It was a nice summer night and we were really touched by the love everyone showed us. It's kind of silly but the truth is, as a mommy, even the lemonade stand that you do with your child is just so important to the mommy heart. You want everything your child does to make them feel important, happy, successful, proud, and accomplished. And she felt all those things. Thank you those who came out!! We will have many more activities like this as she grows and it's so nice to have such a loving community. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Surgery - Update 2

  Time truly is an odd thing. Our time on Earth is short, even if we manage to live 100+ years. We can hardly fathom eternity and the length...